In order to visually organize the inputs, MecSimCalc platform allows the developer to visually group inputs into either an Input Group or a Table Group. An Input Group can be created in the Inputs step by clicking on Add Input Group.
The different input types appear in the menu only if an Input Group or a Table Group has already been created.
The developer can create as many new Input Groups as needed, which are arranged vertically on top of each other. Each Input Group can be renamed, deleted, or dragged to change its vertical position relative to the other Input Groups. For example, the image below shows two Input Groups named "Input Group 1" and `"Input Group 2".
Input Group Layout
In an Input Group:
- The developer can add as many inputs as needed..
- The inputs can be resized and moved within the input group using the mouse.
- A maximum of 10 inputs can appear on the same row.
- There is no restriction on the number of rows to be used.
- The height of the Input Group will automatically adjust as more inputs are added, removed, or dragged.
As an example, the image below shows an input group with 5 different inputs (two numerical inputs, two text inputs, and one single select input).